Sunday 24 January 2021

Reasons to Tweet - a Continuing Series

I've posted before about how much I like Twitter. I think most bloggers steer clear of it, but I am open to any new way to waste my time. Variety is the spice of life, the cliche goes, and cliches don't get to be cliches unless their central point is true.

One of the aspects of Twitter that I like, as I've already mentioned here, is the descriptions people give of themselves, beneath their name. 

Here are a few that have caught my fancy just lately:

There is the poignant "I miss the good old days" and the enigmatic, "An enigma wrapped in a conundrum wrapped in bacon". There is the just short of despairing, "Holder of several useless patents" and the non-sequitur that is no non-sequitur: "Mother to 10. Wine drinker". There is also the faintly creepy: "Sometimes I shampoo my eyebrows".

However, the one I definitely like the best so far, for its honesty and brevity is this:

"Nasty old drunk."

It is a description that on Twitter could be much more widely used.

No comments:

Post a Comment