Saturday 16 March 2013

More Mystery

I've hesitated for a while about where to put this passage from the Sunday Telegraph. Is it a sub-editing mistake, (in which case it should by rights be appearing at www.absentproof.blogspot.com), or is there someone out there who actually believes that Piers Morgan is 'luminous':

Meanwhile, if you want genuine luminosity, look no further than this unkempt house around the corner from me:
Untended, unencouraged, that crowd of crocii battles through the Ainslie clay each season, dazzling passers-by:

3 comments:

  1. This is one of those gracious gardens where the floral display would be complemented by a full-on no-holds-barred Santa lights show all year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two-storey house you can see in the background does that - although not year round.

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful ZMKC - the house I mean. They make quite a crowd!

    As for language, I can't recollect where we came across this (and maybe wherever it was you saw it too) but it was someone saying "for all intensive purposes". I must say, I do like my purposes to be intensive. You wouldn't want them any other way would you?

    ReplyDelete