Saturday 30 October 2010

Freecycle - More Temptation

"Offer - Unwell Rabbit

One of our many rabbits has a bit of a cold (runny nose and eyes). If given a great diet and a happy home with lots of space to run around in, I believe she will probably get better. We cannot look after her anymore but do not want to put her down. If you can help, please let me know."

Translated into plain English, I think this is what this advert says:

"We have a myxamatosis-infected rabbit but we are townies and therefore too pathetic to just put the poor creature out of its misery. Please take the problem off our hands."

Maybe I've been spending too much time with my startlingly practical rural mother.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I've always found rabbits to be rather unrewarding pets - never wanting to play and always running away from you. So maybe an ill one would more of a captive audience for one's pamper compulsions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ring the lady right away and put it in the post tomorrow, together with a box of tissues - what is your exact postal address?

    ReplyDelete