Friday 29 June 2018

A Passion for Pinching

In most respects, I prefer to read a printed paper newspaper, rather than a newspaper online (I suppose the latter shouldn’t even be called a newsPAPER really). However, when it comes to pictures in papers, I have been tainted irredeemably by modern technological ways.

Since discovering the pleasures of pinching pictures to make bits of them bigger, I have become increasingly maddened by the impossibility of doing the same thing when I see a picture on an actual page. I wonder if anyone else has the same problem - my fingers twitch and I have to prevent them from grabbing the page in question and trying to spread the paper it is made of wider, in the manner I use to enlarge an image on an electronic touchscreen.

Given this new and problematic impulse, I haven’t dared enter an art gallery for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment