Saturday 6 May 2023

An Amusing Bit of Minor Snark

I do the cooking in our house and, to make it more interesting, I like to read recipes and even try them out. One of my favourite places for finding new things to cook is the New York Times cooking section, which, surprisingly, given the bulk of NYT content these days, has not yet excluded all recipes that aren't vegan.

Leaving aside the desire for ideas for new things to cook, something that appeals to me about the NYT recipe section is the comments other readers leave beneath the paper's recipe suggestions. These usually involve advice on how to adjust recipes to make them, in each commenter's opinion, better. 

There must be other people who find this second-guessing amusing I realised, when, looking through the comments beneath this recipe:


I found this wonderful spoof of the typical helpful reader contributions:


The phrase "rave reviews all round" is typical of the genre.


1 comment:

  1. Haha, love this … I often read these recipe reviews. They can be useful but some can be OTT too!

    ReplyDelete