Monday 13 August 2018

In Praise of Twitter, a Continuing Series - the New Reporting

Today, I was able, via Twitter, to get an understanding of a story that I haven’t been able to find a straightforward report on in any newspaper to date. Here it is,  a thread setting out what appear to be the facts about Jeremy Corbyn and his wreath laying activities. I should point out that I have no axe to grind about Corbyn - I simply wanted to know the facts, and the Twitter format supplied them admirably, I thought:























4 comments:

  1. I guess it was Corbyn's and not Bickerton's attribution, but Ramsey Clark was Attorney General during Johnson administration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have a friend who is devoted to a multivolume biography of Johnson so she will no doubt be on the telephone to set me straight on that before long. Now I can say, “I know”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading Robert Caro's multi-volume biography of LBJ seems to me a bit like bicycling across North America: I admire the endurance of those who can do it, but have no impulse to try the feat myself.

      Delete
  3. Well strangely enough this friend has just bicycled from somewhere in Bavaria all the way to Sarajevo so there may be something in your analogy between the two pursuits

    ReplyDelete