Thursday 17 August 2023

Niger

I bought a copy of the Financial Times. As it is difficult to access it on-line, I am posting the articles I read in it that strike me as worth sharing.

This one touches on the extraordinary trivialisation of news reporting in Britain. The BBC is so tabloid it is breathtaking. As the writer of the article says:

"The Sahel, that luckless area stretching from Senegal to Eritrea, is nearer to Europe than America is. Maybe its slow impalement by the pincers of jihadism & secular banditry will turn out to be of no external consequence but it seems a subject deserving more than indifference."



2 comments:

  1. I tried to read the article from the photo but the quality isn't good enough. How right you are about the BBC...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry - that is really annoying. I've tried it on a few devices a d it shows up clearly but when I am able to I will try to post a sharper version as the column makes really good points ZMKC

      Delete