Thursday 6 January 2011

Fattipuffs and Thinnifers

Up at the local shops, things are slowly getting back to normal, after the glorious annual dream of wearing shorts forever - aka Christmas and New Year. People are emerging from their lairs, shops are reopening. It's all a bit jarring, to tell the truth.

For instance, this morning I was nearly deafened by a woman coming out of the supermarket as I was going in. 'G'day, Dave,' she yelled, 'you look as slim as.'  'Thanks,' said the tall man she was greeting, 'I am a thin person really - I just got out of hand.'

'I am a thin person really.' Aren't we all.

6 comments:

  1. Yes. Except when we get 'out of hand'

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then the only thing to do is follow the three-week barbecued guinea pig diet. It always works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it include the occasional piece of chocolate or a weekly glass of red wine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Murray has much to answer for!

    I must find a copy of that book to which your title refers - to put in Ma's chest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abebooks will have it, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weekly - every half hour after 6.30 pm surely? To promote cardiovascular health, naturally - and large chunks of chocolate to combat depression. The guinea pigs are just for protein.

    ReplyDelete